The Climate Hazards Group develops forecasts in conjuction with the FEWS Network and affiliates around the world. These forecasts are made available for easy distrubtion among local decision makers to mitigate or prevent food insecurity in vulnerable and developing regions.
- Reference: The North American Multimodel Ensemble: Phase-1 Seasonal-to-Interannual Prediction; Phase-2 toward Developing Intraseasonal Prediction
- Frequency: monthly
- Temporal coverage: seven months
- Resolution: 1.0 x 1.0 degrees
- Number of models in ensemble: 9 (105 members)
- Parameters: precipitation, temperature, SST, RefET
Skill with respect to CHIRPS.
The North American Multi-Model Ensemble (NMME) is an experimental multi-model seasonal forecasting system consisting of coupled models from US modeling centers including NOAA/NCEP, NOAA/GFDL, IRI, NCAR, NASA, and Canada's CMC. The CHG plans to incorporate CHIRPS into the NMME similarly to how GEFS was integrated with CHIRPS to create the GEFS-CHIRPS product.